Chmura Economics & Analytics has an opening for an experienced economist based in our charming office in downtown Richmond (Shockoe Slip). The economist is responsible for analyzing economic data and synthesizing reports that provide solutions for Chmura’s clients. A successful candidate will be detail-oriented, an excellent writer, nimble, able to multi-task and work well with colleagues and clients.
• Research local, regional, and national economic issues and provide consultation to solve problems. May make recommendations on future strategic initiatives and implementation.
• Manage projects internally and externally, ensuring deliverables are met in a timely manner to the clients’ specifications.
• Engage with clients while performing research and analysis and while presenting findings.
• Support the development and application of economic models and the interpretation of results.
• Build reports and presentations that efficiently communicate Chmura’s findings in a clear format that is comprehensible by non-economists.
• Research, refine, and execute economic analysis methodologies based on existing best practices.
• Identify and evaluate requests for proposals (RFPs); scope, develop, compose, and refine proposals and statements of work (SOW) based on clients’ needs.
• Prepare and edit company publications.
• Collect, organize, and evaluate data relating to economic issues for input in macro/regional models.
• Research, build, and update presentations to be delivered by Chmura’s Senior and Chief Economists.
• Deliver presentations based on Chmura’s forecasts and best practice models.
• Assist senior employees with their research.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in economics or other quantitative fields with strong economics background.
• Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion in a timely manner.
• Experience in basic statistics/applied econometrics or forecasting.
• Excellent computer proficiency (Microsoft Office Suite with high proficiency in Excel).
• Foundational knowledge of economics and strong quantitative skills.
• Knowledge of R, Tableau, Visual Basic, Python, GIS, SQL a plus.
• Economic development experience
• Project management experience.
• Familiarity with labor market data.
• Experience with applying and communicating economic theory.
• Two years of work experience.
How to Apply
Click here to apply.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package in a casual work environment. Relocation assistance is available, but we are not able to provide sponsorship currently.
Chmura Economics & Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.